MY FEELINGS : ANXIETY

"MY FEELINGS : ANXIETY"

Little things stress me out,

People tell me to always stay out 'cause they say "Girl, you won't make it out" 

Everyone hates me, including my own reflection;

There is a lot of stuff to chose from; but anxiety takes care of selection.

Life is hard and its been throwing boulders my way;

Like the free and clear clouds my heart wants to sway.

I can never get my thoughts together or decide what I want;

When I'm with people,Oh, boy! I try my level best to flaunt.

I wake up everyday and look at myself;Dismayed and disappointed, my eyes start to water.

As tears roll down my cheeks, I wipe the tears away, halfway.

 Everyone points towards me and calls it drama.

Then I put up a front and show fake hauteur.

Nobody ever wants to feel my pain.

They greet and talk when they want a favor or some gain.

I practice smiling everyday and acting gets harder,

Laying in bed, looking at the moon;

Asking why does my happiness wander.

I am scared, lonely and vulnerable. Everybody tries to rule my world.

Life is just so bad, why did it happen to me?

That's the question, I always ponder.

I am seized in a cage, NOBODY IS WILLING TO HELP ME.

I had wings but hate and depression clipped them; took my power away from me.

I am tied in chains, I can't breathe, I am suffocating.

Every little noise, makes my heart stop beating.

Trying to end my life, every damn day, because I don't rule it. 

Sitting there wondering, am i ever gonna be free.

Then finally, I stop trying and i quit.

I gave up on life and the bulb that had hope and i used to look at; even its light has started to blip.

My will power has diminished, the chains have started to slip.

I open my eyes to realize that these were my feelings,

I still gotta get up and looking at the ceiling.

Like always, I tell myself just one more day.

Because at night there are still a lot of lies and discouragement for me to deal with;

I know I won't sleep but still I'll close my eyes and in my bed, restlessly, I'll lay.                   

~LEAH

Comments

Popular Posts