REDEFINING WHAT IT MEANS TO BE 'PERFECT'!

 Hey, thanks for tuning in today. If you're reading this post then I'm grateful and don't worry I won't waste your time. There is one golden line in this post and I hope you find it.
Recall all instances when the word perfect has been used in front of you, no wait, when someone used a sentence or a phrase, to talk about something that was perfect. 
You need to do a little self-questioning here, what do you think about this weighty word 'perfect'. What does it mean to you?
We often come across the sayings, "Nothing is perfect" or "Strive for progress, not perfection", right? You're in for a treat because I'm about to argue that such sayings are a little misinterpreted all around the world (or to be blunt, they're hotchpotch).  
Let's start by talking about the word perfect. What is its definition? Don't worry I'm not your English teacher. No need to hop onto a dictionary by Oxford or Cambridge. No need to go looking for conventional definitions. I'm a little unique, not to boast but to give you an idea of why I've shunned the original meaning of this word. 
When you go and look for synonyms, or words that are similar to the word 'perfect', you'll find words like flawless, faultless, sensational, etc pop up. However, we've been wired to believe that nothing is perfect, that 'no one is flawless'. However, I don't believe that. I'm not gonna say that I'm flawless ( though I know I am! 🤓) I'll tell you what it really means to be perfect and why I'm redefining it!

I was in a slump, not so long ago and I wouldn't have confidently said that I feel perfect or my past self would've straight away dismissed the possibility of me being anywhere near perfect. So, what went down that I keep on looking in the mirror and seeing a perfect girl. For a little backstory, or just if you're interested in reading about the slump that I was in, then please read: "The Red Diaries", which talk about it. So, anyway, back to the topic: I always looked at other people and certain things and thought, wow, they look or seem or speak or are, perfect or that thing seems perfect. I wouldn't dare to even compare myself to an ant that was working just about as much as me, I was dysfunctional for a long time (not that I'm not still, I love being dysfunctional now). Here are the goods: We've been forced to believe that we can't be perfect. We've been forced to accept that we can't be perfect. It's not anyone's fault, nobody wanted to feel less than perfect, everybody wants their fair share of perfection, but we've been corrupted to believe in limits. "If you're gonna doubt something, doubt limits!", said the wise and accomplished, Mel Robbins, and amen! The girl was right, we've set false limits because we're all secretly scared of being perfect. We know that we can go grocery shopping on time and load the fridge with healthy food and treats, we can fill up gas before it hits empty and we end up on some desert, we know that we can rock everything, but we've been screwed with for a very long time, we've been automated to believe that we can't do those things. We've been strictly warned not to feel perfect. Well, I'd be happy if you'd like to join me in the "HUMBLY PERFECT" world that I live in. Or as I like to call it, "MY HUBBLE BUBBLE". In this world, you believe that you can be perfect but not with an attitude. You don't look down upon others just because you're doing something that they're not. Instead, you brighten everybody's mood just by being yourself and exuding perfection. 

Next, I need to fill you in on one little thing, you'll not always feel perfect, as we're 'Humans', so it is "perfectly" fine to be in a rut once in a blue moon. Trust me, if the way I write makes it seem like I'm a bot, then you're just confusing my craziness with robot-ism, I'm not pressurizing you to falsely believe that you're perfect. Nope! Read carefully: I felt worth nothing not so long ago and I had to make a million changes to change that. I just want you to know that you need to stop believing that "perfectionism" isn't a thing because if you don't believe that it's a thing, then how will you ever believe that you're perfect? Simple yet a mind-blowing question. I want you to know that I'm not Marcus Aurelius, hell, I'm not nearly as put together as that guy (probably 'cuz I'm not Roman 😂) but I can try to be "Leah". She's perfect in my eyes, everything I want to be and more and who says that I've gotta stop here, honestly, my list of demands from Leah is ever-expanding, so I can keep adding whatever I wish for into my "Leah wants to be list!". The only person holding you back is you; the only person who can set limits to what you can achieve is you. ONLY YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF DO WHAT YOU WANT TO. Therefore, IF YOU WANNA BE PERFECT, WHY NOT?

"There are about 7.8 billion people inhabiting the earth right now and no one -- trust me no one -- is like you. So, how can you waste time comparing yourself to others when there's not one creature similar to you. The only person that you can compare yourself to, is you. You set the precedent for yourself when you were out of ya mamma's womb and I hope you've improved since then unless you're a one-day-old kid reading this, still seeing the world upside down, then I'm sure you've improved... I believe in you. If you're upset with yourself and unsure of why you're unhappy, it's because even after all the false beliefs plastered into your mindset, subconsciously, you expect yourself to be perfect. So what are you waiting for?".
Go, be perfect. Be yourself.

If you're interested in knowing more about me or, just generally curious about what else I do. Please check out my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/22_leah_/. I released my book, it's out now on Amazon Kindle, called "Captive". It'd be quite cool if ya checked it out!
Until next time, keep
Living. Loving. Repeating.


Comments

Popular Posts